Friday, April 9, 2010

You in the Circus, Me behind Bars.

(Letter from a Tiger to His Brother)

**************************************************



Forgive me, my brother, for telling you that I haven’t had the desire to write to you. The truth is I’ve been feeling lethargic and sad. I don’t know if it is the confinement; I don’t know if it is the food or the time that I have been in this kind of life.
The reality is that the zoo depresses me; and evil is not redeemed by apparent love. If not for those children who bring me their joy, my life would be much bitterer, still. I hope you are doing better my brother... I hope.. traveling the entire world, but as you tell me: the tiger tamer, forces you to work more than is accounted for.
You have to understand, my brother that some humans have in their soul a little villain in it, that when unable to overpower whomever they wish, they strike their frustration among the beasts. Many of them feel important and find bravery only with a chair in one hand and a whip in the other.
But back to me, let me tell you, nothing has changed here since we were separated. However, something has happened among these people. I notice that their gaze is lost in the infinite, and smells empty. It seems like their eyes look different tortured, lonely and trapped without a trace of a spark as if they were themselves the captive ones. I bet you those outsiders don’t understand how to freely run.
We fell into some jungle, my brother, and look in what kind of pious hands! Their air is vicious, stale with smoke and death. And who can anticipate our luck?
Being back to nature would be their greatest achievements and as well our dream; able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint and without a zoo of people. Take care my brother, I do not know when, but that day is coming.


No comments: